XXV Congresso AIOL – Plenary lectures
National Institute of Biology, Marine Biology Station Piran, Fornace 41, 6330 Piran, Slovenia
Long-term changes in the phytoplankton community in the climate change perspective (northern Adriatic)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Patricija Mozetič was awarded a Ph.D. in biology in 1997 at the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). Her research activities cover the study of the role of phytoplankton in coastal pelagic food web (diversity, biomass, and abundance of phytoplankton, photosynthetic properties and primary production), study of harmful algal blooms, long-term changes in phytoplankton community in relation to climate change and eutrophication and implementation of the EU directives (WFD and MSFD) in the national water policy. In 2018, she was appointed head of Marine Biology Station Piran. For more than a decade, she was being assigned the leader of two national monitoring programs. She attended several phytoplankton courses, joined the Spanish scientific expedition Malaspina 2010 and obtained grants as a visiting scientist in Italy and the USA. From 2002 onwards, she is the national representative of the Intergovernmental Panel on Harmful Algal Blooms of the UNESCO IOC-HAB program. Since 2013, she is also employed at the University of Primorska and holds lectures at undergraduate and master’s study programs. She was the mentor of three Ph.D. students. Until now, she published 58 scientific and professional articles, 3 chapters in monographs, 70 presentations at scientific meetings.
- Estrada, M., Delgado, M., Blasco, D., Latasa, M., Cabello, A. M., Benitez-Barrios, V., Fraile-Nuez, E., Mozetič, P., Vidal, M. 2016. Phytoplankton across Tropical and Subtropical Regions of the Atlantic, Indian and Pacific oceans. PloS One, 11 (3): 1-29. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0151699.
- Mozetič, P., Cangini, M., Francé, J., Bastianini, M., Bernardi Aubry, F., Bužančić, M., Cabrini, M., Cerino, F., Kraus, R., Marić Pfannkuchen, D. et al. 2019. Phytoplankton diversity in Adriatic ports: Lessons from the port baseline survey for the management of harmful algal species. Marine Pollution Bulletin. doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2017.12.029.
- Mozetič, P., Francé, J., Kogovšek, T., Talaber, I., Malej, A. 2012. Plankton trends and community changes in a coastal sea (northern Adriatic): bottom-up vs. top-down control in relation to environmental drivers. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 115: 138-148. doi: 10.1016/j.ecss.2012.02.009.
- Mozetič, P., Solidoro, C., Cossarini, G., Socal, G., Precali, R., Francé, J., Bianchi, F., De Vittor, C., Smodlaka, N., Fonda Umani, S. 2010. Recent trends towards oligotrophication of the Northern Adriatic: evidence from chlorophyll a time series. Estuaries and Coasts, 33 (2): 362-375. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12237-009-9191-7.
- Talaber, I., Francé, J., Flander-Putrle, V., Mozetič, P. 2018. Primary production and community structure of coastal phytoplankton in the Adriatic Sea: insights on taxon-specific productivity. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 604: 65-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.3354/meps12721
Torna a seconda circolare